FCLL intends to offer a "T-Ball" Division for the 2021 Spring House League Season. Below is information on the "T-Ball" Division we intend to offer. Based on AHS Guidelines, FCLL may have to adjust the program offering.
What are some of the known and potential impacts of Covid-19?
- All FCLL Programs will adhere to the League’s Safety Plan and Communicable Disease Transmission Prevention Guidelines, which may be updated periodically to reflect the most current municipal, provincial and/or federal guidelines.
- Team sizes and number of teams in each cohort are subject to change.
- All coaches, volunteers and non-participating athletes will be required to wear a mask.
- For information on our Cancellation & Refund Policy due to Covid, please CLICK HERE.
What Baseball Ages play T-Ball?
- Ages 4-6
- The league age determination date is the age a player has attained as of a specific date (August 31st of the current year), for the purpose of placing the player in a particular Division. As of 2021 the date in Divisions of Little League Baseball is as follows:
What is T-Ball all about?
- It is a game allowing the younger players a chance to experience the great game for the first time. The kids are introduced and taught the basics in a very safe and fun environment. There is no pitching in a T-Ball game, the Coach places the ball on a Tee at home plate for the batter to hit. It’s a great introduction to the sport of baseball.
What is the cost of T-Ball?
- The cost is $165.
When does the season start?
- The season starts at the end of April and runs through to the end of June (typically 8-9 weeks).
How often do they play?
- T-Ball will play 2 days per week.
- Each registrant will be offered the option of playing Mondays/Wednesdays or Tuesdays/Thursdays (subject to availability, we will make best efforts but no guarantees).
- There is a possibility of Friday night, Saturday or Sunday games (due to weather and games being cancelled).
What times do they play?
- T-Ball games start at 6:30pm and are about an hour and fifteen minutes long.
What are the diamond locations?
- All Diamonds are located within FCLL Boundaries/Communities.
- Games will vary between all designated T-Ball Diamonds.
What equipment is included in the registration fees? What equipment do the parents/guardians need to provide?
- Fish Creek Little League will supply a baseball cap for each player to keep at the end of the season, this is included in the registration fee.
- Fish Creek Little League will supply each team a set of jerseys, batting helmets and bats for the season. It is strongly encouraged that each player should have their own batting helmet (for hygiene purposes).
- Each player will be expected to have white baseball pants, their own ball glove and athletic cup/jill.
What if I can’t afford the registration fees?
- Under the Little League charter, no child may be excluded from play based on inability to pay.
- Subsidies are available through an application on Kidsport: www.kidsport.ca
- For further assistance with this, please contact the Fish Creek Little League Treasurer at: email@example.com.
When does registration open?
- For the 2021 Season, Online Registration opens on February 15th.
- You can register by following this link: http://www.fcll.ca/house-league/
When does registration close?
- Online Registration for the 2021 Season will close on April 1st (this will be subject to space/availability).
- Any late registrations will be placed on a waiting list and space permitting, will be subject to a $50 late registration/administration fee.
What is the refund policy?
- Withdraw on or prior to April 1st: Full Refund.
- Withdraw after April 1st: Registration fees less a $25 administration fee will be refunded.
- Withdraw after first game played: No Refunds.
How many players on a team?
- T-Ball teams will typically have between 7-9 players per team.
I registered and I haven’t heard anything yet – what’s happening?
- Once the registration information is collected and entered in the database, reports for each Division are prepared for the various Division Directors.
- The number of teams is then determined and Managers and/or Coaches are assigned to each team, then players are assigned or drafted to the teams.
- There is a Coaches Meeting (to review rules, events, etc) with the Division Directors.
- The Managers and Coaches for each team receive the team roster and are then in a position to start contacting parents.
- Often, the Managers and Coaches will organize a parent meeting before the season starts. Practices can then commence.
- If you have any questions about this process, please contact the applicable Division Director (can be found under About Us at: http://www.fcll.ca/board-members/).
I want to coach or volunteer, how do I go about doing this?
- Please indicate on your child’s registration that you would like to coach or volunteer.
- To apply to coach or volunteer please complete the steps required in our Coach Registration which can be found at: https://www.fcll.ca/2021-coach-registration/
- You can also email your interest to the Safety Officer at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Should you not be able to locate an answer to your questions please do not hesitate to contact our Registrar at: email@example.com.
NOTE: This information is specific to our league and may change at any time.
Fish Creek Little League
PO Box 11054, Seton RPO
Calgary, AB T3M 1Y6
T: (403) 278-0030