FCLL is committed to offering baseball through this pandemic in a safe environment. Below is information on the 2022 T-Ball Spring House League Program we currently intend to offer. Based on the Government of Alberta, Little League Alberta and Little League Canada, FCLL may have to adjust the program offering. For more COVID-19 information, please CLICK HERE.
What Baseball Ages play T-Ball?
- Ages 4-6
- The league age determination date is the age a player has attained as of a specific date (August 31st of the current year), for the purpose of placing the player in a particular Division. As of 2022 the date in Divisions of Little League Baseball is as follows:
What is T-Ball all about?
- It is a game allowing the younger players a chance to experience the great game for the first time. The kids are introduced and taught the basics in a very safe and fun environment. There is no pitching in a T-Ball game, the Coach places the ball on a Tee at home plate for the batter to hit. It’s a great introduction to the sport of baseball.
What is the cost of T-Ball?
- The cost is $165.
What if I can’t afford the registration fees?
- Under the Little League charter, no child may be excluded from play based on inability to pay.
- Subsidies are available through an application on Kidsport: www.kidsport.ca
- For further assistance with this, please contact the Fish Creek Little League Treasurer at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
When does the season start?
- The season starts at the end of April and runs through to the end of June (typically 8-9 weeks).
How often do they play?
- T-Ball will play 2 days per week.
- Each registrant will be offered the option of playing Mondays/Wednesdays or Tuesdays/Thursdays (subject to availability, we will make best efforts but no guarantees).
- There is a possibility of Friday night, Saturday or Sunday games (due to weather and games being cancelled).
What times do they play?
- T-Ball games start at 6:30pm and are about an hour and fifteen minutes long.
What are the diamond locations?
- All Diamonds are located within FCLL Boundaries/Communities.
- Games will vary between all designated T-Ball Diamonds.
What equipment is included in the registration fees? What equipment do the parents/guardians need to provide?
- Fish Creek Little League will supply a baseball cap for each player to keep at the end of the season, this is included in the registration fee.
- Fish Creek Little League will supply each team a set of jerseys, batting helmets and bats for the season. It is strongly encouraged that each player should have their own batting helmet (for hygiene purposes).
- Each player will be expected to have white baseball pants, their own ball glove and athletic cup/jill.
When does registration open?
- For the 2022 Season, Online Registration opens on January 10th.
- You can register by following this link: http://www.fcll.ca/house-league/
When does registration close?
- Online Registration for the 2022 Season will close on March 31st (this will be subject to space/availability).
- Any late registrations will be placed on a waiting list and space permitting, will be subject to a $50 late registration/administration fee.
What is the refund policy?
- Withdraw prior to April 1st: Full Refund.
- Withdraw on or after April 1st: Registration fees less a $25 administration fee will be refunded.
- Withdraw after first game played: No Refunds.
- The Board has determined the League will not be offering a COVID impact refund this season.
How many players on a team?
- T-Ball teams will typically have between 10-12 players per team.
I registered and I haven’t heard anything yet – what’s happening?
- Once the registration information is collected and entered in the database, reports for each Division are prepared for the various Division Directors.
- The number of teams is then determined and Managers and/or Coaches are assigned to each team, then players are assigned or drafted to the teams.
- There is a Coaches Meeting (to review rules, events, etc) with the Division Directors.
- The Managers and Coaches for each team receive the team roster and then are in a position to start contacting parents.
- Often, the Managers and Coaches will organize a parent meeting before the season starts. Practices can then commence.
- If you have any questions about this process, please contact the applicable Division Director (can be found under About Us at: http://www.fcll.ca/board-members/).
I want to coach or volunteer, how do I go about doing this?
- Please indicate on your child’s registration that you would like to coach or volunteer.
- To apply to coach or volunteer please complete the steps required in our Coach Registration which can be found at: https://www.fcll.ca/2022-coach-registration/
- You can also email your interest to the Volunteer Coordinator at: email@example.com.
Should you not be able to locate an answer to your questions please do not hesitate to contact our Registrar at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE: This information is specific to our league and may change at any time.
Fish Creek Little League
PO Box 11054, Seton RPO
Calgary, AB T3M 1Y6
T: (403) 278-0030