FCLL is committed to offering baseball in a safe environment. Below is information on the 2024 Majors Spring House League Program we currently intend to offer. Based on the Government of Alberta, Little League Alberta and Little League Canada, FCLL may have to adjust the program offering. For more information, please CLICK HERE.
What Baseball Ages play Majors?
- Ages 11-12
- The league age determination date is the age a player has attained as of a specific date (August 31st of the current year), for the purpose of placing the player in a particular Division. As of 2024 the date in Divisions of Little League Baseball is as follows:
What is Majors all about?
- Fish Creek typically has 16-18 teams every season in this age group. With such a large range of ages and potential skill levels, Fish Creek will be potentially running three Leagues in the Major Division. They are as follows:
- National League
- The National League is mainly a 12-year-old division based on player experience and FCLL evaluations. The Majors National League is typically made up of FCLL’s top 48 Major aged players based on FCLL evaluations and player ages.
- American League
- The American League is mainly an 11 & 12-year-old league. Most players aged 11 & 12 will be placed in this division based on FCLL evaluations. Typically, these players have played baseball before.
- Canadian League
- The Canadian League will be mainly new to baseball or less experienced 11- & 12-year-olds.
- National League
- The National and American Leagues are considered competitive divisions. These divisions follow the rules and regulations of Little League. The Canadian Division will have some modified rules to help keep the kids involved and engaged and keep games moving.
- Players are required to attend one of FCLL evaluations and can be drafted to one of FCLL’s Majors National League teams. Once drafted, the player will remain with that team for the duration of their eligibility if the player remains with FCLL.
- Players that are not drafted to a Majors National League team will be placed on a team in either the American or Canadian League. Teams in the Majors American & Canadian Leagues will be created using FCLL evaluation data. The goal is to ensure as much parity as possible and give players a chance to compete with and against other players of a similar skill level.
- Teammate/Friend Requests for team placement are NOT accepted in the Majors Division. "Sibling" requests for team placement will be considered at all levels for players eligible to play within the same Division.
What is the cost of Majors?
- The cost is $385.
What if I can’t afford the registration fees?
- Under the Little League charter, no child may be excluded from play based on inability to pay.
- Subsidies are available through an application on Kidsport: www.kidsport.ca
- For further assistance with this, please contact the Fish Creek Little League Treasurer at: email@example.com
When does the season start?
- We are looking to have Teams created by mid April to ensure that Coaches can meet their Players and so there is a chance for the Team to get to know each other and engage in some practices before the "official" season starts.
- The Season will officially start April 29th and runs through to the end of June.
- The above is all weather permitting.
How often do they play?
- Majors will see 2-3 games scheduled per week plus 1-2 practices scheduled by the managers or coaches.
- *Games and practices can be any day of the week.*
- There will be Regular Season Games followed by Playoffs in all Leagues, with the potential for an In-Season Weekend Tournament.
What times do they play?
- Majors games generally start at 6:30 pm and will have no new innings starts after 8:00 pm (8:15 pm after May long weekend).
- Weekend Games could begin anytime between 9:30am - 6:00pm.
- *Game times are subject to change.*
What are the diamond locations?
- All Diamonds are located within FCLL Boundaries/Communities.
- Games will vary between all designated Majors Diamonds.
What equipment is included in the registration fees? What equipment do the parents/guardians need to provide?
- Fish Creek Little League will supply each team a set of jerseys and bats for the season.
- Each player will be expected to have a batting helmet, their own ball glove and athletic cup/jill. White baseball pants are mandatory. If you have issues locating these, please contact our Registrar at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
When does registration open?
- For the 2024 Season, Online Registration opens on December 9th.
- You can register by following this link: https://www.fcll.ca/spring-house-league-2/
When does registration close?
- Online Registration for the 2024 Season will close on February 29th (this will be subject to space/availability).
- Any late registrations will be placed on a waiting list and space permitting, will be subject to a $100 late registration/administration fee.
What is the refund policy?
- Withdraw prior to March 1st: Full Refund.
- Withdraw on or after March 1st: Registration fees less a $50 administration fee will be refunded.
- Withdraw after first game played: No Refunds.
- The Board has determined the League will not be offering a COVID impact refund this season.
How many players on a team?
- For Majors the ideal team consists of 11-12 players per team, however there may be up to 14 players on a team.
What, where and when are evaluations?
- Evaluation sessions provide the opportunity for Division Directors, Managers and Coaches to assess the ability of players. This process assists the League in placing players appropriate to their skill level. There are a number of stations (pitching, fielding, hitting) through which the players rotate; they are observed and assessed according to specific criteria.
- Players registered for the Major Division MUST attend at least one evaluation session to be eligible for the Major Draft. There will be no exceptions for this rule (unless you played on a Major National team the previous season/year).
- Evaluations are only for players registered for Minors and up.
- Evaluations are schedule for Saturday March 16th & March 23rd. More details will be posted closer to the date on our website with regards to location and time.
- *Evaluations are subject to change based on AHS Guidelines for the 2024 Season.*
- Players are required to evaluate during the appropriate time slot for their age group for one of the dates. If you are unable to attend either of the dates, please contact the Player Agent at: email@example.com.
I registered and I haven’t heard anything yet – what’s happening?
- Once the registration information is collected and entered in the database, reports for each Division are prepared for the various Division Directors.
- The number of teams is then determined and Managers and/or Coaches are assigned to each team, then players are assigned or drafted to the teams.
- There is a Coaches Meeting (to review rules, events, etc) with the Division Directors.
- The Managers and Coaches for each team receive the team roster and then are in a position to start contacting parents.
- Often, the Managers and Coaches will organize a parent meeting before the season starts. Practices can then commence.
- If you have any questions about this process, please contact the applicable Division Director (can be found under About Us at: http://www.fcll.ca/board-members/).
I want to coach or volunteer, how do I go about doing this?
- Please indicate on your child’s registration that you would like to coach or volunteer.
- To apply to coach or volunteer please complete the steps required in our Coach Registration which can be found at: https://www.fcll.ca/2024-coach-registration/
- You can also email your interest to the Safety Officer at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Should you not be able to locate an answer to your questions please do not hesitate to contact our Registrar at: email@example.com.
NOTE: This information is specific to our league and may change at any time.
Fish Creek Little League
PO Box 11054, Seton RPO
Calgary, AB T3M 1Y6
T: (403) 278-0030