FCLL intends to offer a "Coach Pitch" Division for the 2021 Spring House League Season. Below is information on the "Coach Pitch" Division we intend to offer. Based on AHS Guidelines, FCLL may have to adjust the program offering.
What are some of the known and potential impacts of Covid-19?
- All FCLL Programs will adhere to the League’s Safety Plan and Communicable Disease Transmission Prevention Guidelines, which may be updated periodically to reflect the most current municipal, provincial and/or federal guidelines.
- Team sizes and number of teams in each cohort are subject to change.
- All coaches, volunteers and non-participating athletes will be required to wear a mask.
- For information on our Cancellation & Refund Policy due to Covid, please CLICK HERE.
What Baseball Ages play Coach Pitch?
- Ages 6-8
- 8 year olds are recommended and encouraged to register in the Minors Division.
- The league age determination date is the age a player has attained as of a specific date (August 31st of the current year), for the purpose of placing the player in a particular Division. As of 2021 the date in Divisions of Little League Baseball is as follows:
What is Coach Pitch all about?
- In Coach Pitch the players will continue to develop their skills and learn the rules of baseball. Emphasis is placed upon hitting, base running, fielding/throwing and teamwork. Both offensive and defensive fundamentals are stressed. Add another aspect to the game for the younger players by introducing pitching. The pitching is done by one of the coaches or sometimes a parent and they pitch to their own team. This keeps the pitches as easy to hit as possible and he game fun for all players.
What is the cost of Coach Pitch?
- The cost is $230.
When does the season start?
- Typically the season starts at the end of April and runs through to the end of June.
How often do they play?
Coach Pitch schedule will be based on a Monday/Wednesday or Tuesday/Thursday program. Teams will play twice per week on these nights.
- At this time we are offering a preference of which nights you would like to play for players who have a coach registered with them. Once registered and approved, the coach will be contacted for their evening preference. For families that also have a sibling playing T-Ball, we will accommodate an alternate night schedule if desired. Please contact email@example.com if this is the case.
What times do they play?
- Coach Pitch games generally start at 6:15pm and will have no new innings starts after 7:45pm.
- Weekend games could begin anytime between 9:30am - 6:00pm.
- *Game times are subject to change.*
What are the diamond locations?
- All Diamonds are located within FCLL Boundaries/Communities.
- Games will vary between all designated Coach Pitch Diamonds.
What equipment is included in the registration fees? What equipment do the parents/guardians need to provide?
- Fish Creek Little League will supply a baseball cap for each player to keep at the end of the season, this is included in the registration fee.
- Fish Creek Little League will supply each team a set of jerseys, batting helmets and bats for the season. It is strongly encouraged that each player should have their own batting helmet (for hygiene purposes).
- Each player will be expected to have white baseball pants, their own ball glove and athletic cup/jill.
What if I can’t afford the registration fees?
- Under the Little League charter, no child may be excluded from play based on inability to pay.
- Subsidies are available through an application on Kidsport: www.kidsport.ca
- For further assistance with this, please contact the Fish Creek Little League Treasurer at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
When does registration open?
- For the 2021 Season, Online Registration opens on February 15th.
- You can register by following this link: http://www.fcll.ca/house-league/
When does registration close?
- Online Registration for the 2021 Season will close on April 1st (this will be subject to space/availability).
- Any late registrations will be placed on a waiting list and space permitting, will be subject to a $50 late registration/administration fee.
What is the refund policy?
- Withdraw on or prior to April 1st: Full Refund.
- Withdraw after April 1st: Registration fees less a $25 administration fee will be refunded.
- Withdraw after first game played: No Refunds.
How many players on a team?
- Coach Pitch will typically have between 12-13 players per team, however there may be up to 14 players on a team.
I registered in February and I haven’t heard anything yet – what’s happening?
- Once the registration information is collected and entered in the database, reports for each division are prepared for the various Division Directors.
- The number of teams is then determined and Managers and/or Coaches are assigned to each team, then players are assigned or drafted to the teams.
- There is a Coaches Meeting (to review rules, events, etc.) with the Division Director.
- The Managers and Coaches for each team receive the team roster and are then in a position to start contacting parents.
- Often, the Managers and Coaches will organize a parent meeting before the season starts. Practices can then commence.
- If you have any questions about this process, please contact the applicable Division Director (can be found under About Us at: http://www.fcll.ca/board-members/).
I want to coach or volunteer, how do I go about doing this?
- Please indicate on your child’s registration that you would like to coach or volunteer.
- To apply to coach or volunteer please complete the steps required in our Coach Registration which can be found at: http://www.fcll.ca/2021-coach-registration/
- You can also email your interest to the Safety Officer at: email@example.com.
Should you not be able to locate an answer to your questions please do not hesitate to contact our Registrar at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE: This information is specific to our league and may change at any time.
Fish Creek Little League
PO Box 11054, Seton RPO
Calgary, AB T3M 1Y6
T: (403) 278-0030