ALL-STARS PROGRAM INFO
What is All-Stars Ball?
- FCLL offers an All-Stars Program following completion of Spring House League Season play for various age groups. The All-Stars Season is a wonderful experience for players and families that are committed to playing more baseball. Players are selected on a try-out basis and the season normally goes until the first weekend in August.
- The All-Stars Ball is a competitive program for the Minors (ages 8-10) and Majors (ages 10-12) age groups.
- FCLL intends to have a Majors and Minors teams for the 2022 Season.
- Ideally FCLL will have 3 teams in each division. That is dependent on the number of players and coaches that register,
- Players are encouraged to attend tryouts and must be registered to be eligible
- Players will be selected to each team by Manager for that team.
- Managers will be selected by members of the FCLL Board
- All Stars Ball is a competitive program and is structured differently than House League regular season.
- Unlike the House League/Regular Season where the focus is on giving every child an opportunity to play every position, Managers will set the batting line-up and place players in field positions they feel will give them the competitive advantage.
- The minimum requirement for playing time is different than the regular season. However, a positive playing experience for players on the team in the number one priority.
How do I determine my child's Baseball Age?
- The league age determination date is the age a player has attained as of a specific date (August 31st of the current year), for the purpose of placing the player in a particular Division. Refer to the chart below:
What is the cost of the All-Stars Program?
- The Registration Fee for All-Stars is $450/player plus any expenses required for out of town tournaments or any training session, umpire, and uniform expenses that exceed the amount collected via registration fees (this fee includes pants x2, a jersey x2, Game hat, Practice hat, warm-up shirt and shorts - the size charts can be found at: https://www.fcll.ca/all-stars/).
- Payment is due ONLY upon confirmation/acceptance of your child earning a spot on the team.
How long is the Season and how often do they play?
- The 2022 All-Star Season will run from the end of June to the middle of August.
- All-Stars does come with a heavy commitment from the players and parents. Players should expect to be at a diamond 5 to 6 days per week. Practices will be held during the week and tournament play on the weekends. Tournament play is normally 4 games, with the possibility of the first game being on a Friday morning. For some of the tournaments travel will be required.
- All-Stars is a competitive program and is structured differently than Spring House League. Unlike the Spring Season where the focus is on giving every child an opportunity to play every position, Managers will set the batting line-up and place players in field positions they feel will give them the competitive advantage. The minimum requirement for playing time is different than the Spring House League Season
FCLL All-Stars consists of Minors (ages 8-10), Majors (ages 11-12). There could be potential for Intermediate (ages 13) and Senior (ages 14-16) teams. To express interest in Teenage Teams, please email the All-Stars Director at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
What times do they play?
- Time may vary based on location.
- Weeknight games and practices generally start around 6:00pm
- Weekend Games could begin anytime between 9:30am - 6:00pm
- Game times are subject to change.
What are the diamond locations?
- Practices will be held at one of our FCLL diamonds.
- Games may be located anywhere within the City of Calgary or area – or further for travel tournaments and championships.
What is included in the registration fees?
- Registration Fees cover the cost of the field permits and umpires, a Jersey to keep, Hat, Pants, practice t shirt and shorts, LL registration fees, Tournament entry fees, Equipment (Game Balls etc.) and Team Building activities
What are some of the known and potential impacts of Covid-19?
- FCLL programs follow the Alberta Health Services guidelines.
- Little League Canada requires all Coaches of All-Stars to be vaccinated.
How do I register for All-Stars?
- To register, please CLICK HERE.
I want to coach or volunteer, how do I go about doing this?
- All-Stars Coach Registration will open at a later date.
- Manager application deadline is May 31st.
- For more details on the Manager Selection Process, please click on the following: Fish Creek Little League Manager Selection Policy.
2022 All-Stars Apparel Size Charts
- 1A All-Stars Jerseys Spec Sheet & Size Chart
- 1B All-Stars Game Hats Spec Sheet & Size Chart
- 1C 1 All-Stars Pants Full Length & Knickers Spec Sheet & Size Chart
- 2A All-Stars Practice Shirt Spec Sheet & Size Chart
- 2B All-Stars Practice Hat Spec Sheet & Size Chart
- 2C All-Stars Practice Shorts Spec Sheet & Size Chart
NOTE: This information is specific to our league and may change at any time.
Fish Creek Little League
PO Box 11054, Seton RPO
Calgary, AB T3M 1Y6
T: (403) 278-0030