SUMMER T-BALL INFO
What Baseball Ages play T-Ball?
- Baseball Ages 4-6
- 6 year olds are encouraged to register in the Coach Pitch Division.
- The league age determination date is the age a player has attained as of a specific date (August 31st of the current year), for the purpose of placing the player in a particular Division. As of 2021 the date in Divisions of Little League Baseball is as follows:
What is T-Ball all about?
- T-Ball is a development-based program focused on building players physical literacy and introductory baseball skills. T-Ball games may include a combination of warm-up, skill building and game play.
What is the cost of T-Ball?
- The cost is $135.
- Costs includes a shirt that the Player will get to keep after the Season.
How long is the Summer Season and how often do they play?
- The 2021 Summer House League Season is 5 weeks.
- The season will start (Opening Day) on July 12th and end on August 13th.
- Each team would be scheduled 2 games per week between July 12th & August 13th.
- Fridays and weekends will be used for make-up games.
- ** All dates mentioned above are subject to change. **
What times do they play?
- T-Ball games generally start at 6:00 pm. Games will last for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
What are the diamond locations?
- All Diamonds are located within FCLL Boundaries/Communities.
- A T-Ball Diamond will be assigned to each Team for each scheduled game (**subject to change pending registration numbers**).
Details on Team Formation and League Play:
- Teams will typically be made up of 8-12 players and 2-3 coaches each.
- Games will typically take place on fixed weeknights, Mon/Wed or Tues/Thurs (**subject to change based on registration and the having enough volunteers**).
- Teams will be formed randomly with allowances given for friend request, where possible.
What equipment is included in the registration fees? What equipment do the parents/guardians need to provide?
- Registration Fees cover the cost of the field permits and Fish Creek Little League will supply each team a set of balls. A few Team Bats will also be provided by the League, however it is preferable if each player has their own bat.
- Each player MUST have their own batting helmet (for hygiene purposes). There are spares provided which must be sanitized after use.
- Each player will be expected to have baseball pants (preferably white) or sweats (no shorts), their own ball glove and athletic cup/jill.
What if I can’t afford the registration fees?
- Under the Little League charter, no child may be excluded from play based on inability to pay.
- Subsidies are available through an application on Kidsport: kidsport.ca
- For those families registering through Kidsport, to complete the registration process, please contact our Registrar at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
What are some of the known and potential impacts of Covid-19?
- All FCLL programs will adhere to the League’s Safety Plan and Communicable Disease Transmission Prevention Guidelines, which may be updated periodically to reflect the most current municipal, provincial and/or federal guidelines.
- Any new requirements will be communicated through the seasons if changes are issued by AHS.
What is the refund policy?
- Withdraw prior to start of the season (the first night of T-ball programs):
- Registration Fees less a $25 administration fee will be refunded.
- Withdraw after the start of the Season:
- No Refunds
I want to coach or volunteer, how do I go about doing this?
- Please indicate on your child’s registration that you would like to coach or volunteer.
- To apply to coach or volunteer please complete the steps required in our Coach Registration which can be found at: https://www.fcll.ca/2021-summer-coach-registration/
- Coaches are required prior to teams being made. Number of coaches will limit the number of registrations that can be received.
- Coaches registering early will guarantee their child’s registration to the program.
Should you not be able to locate an answer to your questions please do not hesitate to contact our Registrar at: email@example.com.
NOTE: This information is specific to our league and may change at any time.
Fish Creek Little League
PO Box 11054, Seton RPO
Calgary, AB T3M 1Y6
T: (403) 278-0030