SUMMER COACH PITCH INFO
What Baseball Ages play Coach Pitch?
- Ages 6-8
- 8 year olds are encouraged to register in the Minors Division
- The league age determination date is the age a player has attained as of a specific date (August 31st of the current year), for the purpose of placing the player in a particular Division. As of 2021 the date in Divisions of Little League Baseball is as follows:
What is Coach Pitch?
- In Coach Pitch the players will continue to develop their skills and learn the rules of baseball. Emphasis is placed upon hitting, base running, fielding/throwing and teamwork. Both offensive and defensive fundamentals are stressed. Add another aspect to the game for the younger players by introducing pitching. The pitching is done by one of the coaches or sometimes a parent and they pitch to their own team. This keeps the pitches as easy to hit as possible and the game fun for all players.
What is the cost of Coach Pitch?
- The cost is $160.
- Costs includes a shirt that the Player will get to keep after the Season.
How long is the Season and how often do they play?
- The 2021 Summer House League Season is 5 weeks.
- The season will start (Opening Day) on July 12th and end on August 13th.
- Each team would be scheduled 2 games per week between July 12th & August 13th.
- Fridays and weekends will be used for make-up games.
- **All dates mentioned above are subject to change.**
What times do they play?
- Coach Pitch games begin with a warm-up starting at 6:00pm, the game starting at 6:15 will have no new innings starts after 7:45pm.
- **Game times are subject to change.**
What are the diamond locations?
- All Diamonds are located within FCLL Boundaries/Communities.
- Games will vary between all designated Coach Pitch Diamonds.
Details on Team Formation and League Play:
- Teams will typically be made up of 8-12 players and 2-3 coaches each.
- Games will typically take place on fixed weeknights, Mon/Wed or Tues/Thurs
- Subject to change based on registration and the having enough volunteers.
- Teams will be formed randomly.
What equipment is included in the registration fees? What equipment do the parents/guardians need to provide?
- Registration Fees cover the cost of the field permits and Fish Creek Little League will supply each team a set of catcher gear and and balls. A few Team Bats will also be provided by the League, however it is preferable if each player has their own bat.
- Each player MUST have their own batting helmet (for hygiene purposes). There are spares provided which must be sanitized after use.
- Each player will be expected to have baseball pants (preferably white) or sweats (no shorts), their own ball glove and athletic cup/jill.
What if I can’t afford the registration fees?
- Under the Little League charter, no child may be excluded from play based on inability to pay.
- Subsidies are available through an application on Kidsport: kidsport.ca
- For those families registering through Kidsport, to complete the registration process, please contact our Registrar at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
What are some of the known and potential impacts of Covid-19?
- All FCLL programs will adhere to the League’s Safety Plan and Communicable Disease Transmission Prevention Guidelines, which may be updated periodically to reflect the most current municipal, provincial and/or federal guidelines.
- Any new requirements will be communicated through the seasons if changes are issued by AHS.
What is the refund policy?
- Withdraw prior to start of the Season (the first night of Coach Pitch programs):
- Registration Fees less a $25 administration fee will be refunded.
- Withdraw after the start of the Season:
- No Refunds
I want to coach or volunteer, how do I go about doing this?
- Please indicate on your child’s registration that you would like to coach or volunteer.
- To apply to coach or volunteer please complete the steps required in our Coach Registration which can be found at: https://www.fcll.ca/2021-summer-coach-registration/
- Coaches are required prior to teams being made. Number of coaches will limit the number of registrations that can be received.
- Coaches registering early will guarantee their child’s registration to the program.
Should you not be able to locate an answer to your questions please do not hesitate to contact our Registrar at: email@example.com.
NOTE: This information is specific to our league and may change at any time.
Fish Creek Little League
PO Box 11054, Seton RPO
Calgary, AB T3M 1Y6
T: (403) 278-0030