SUMMER 2020 TEENAGE INFO
What Baseball Ages play Teenage?
- Ages 13-16
- The league age determination date is the age a player has attained as of a specific date (August 31st of the current year), for the purpose of placing the player in a particular Division. As of 2020 the date in Divisions of Little League Baseball is as follows:
What is Summer 2020 Teenage all about?
- Based on AHS and Alberta Little League Guidelines, Fish Creek Little League will be able to off a Teenage Interlock House League Program. In following these guidelines, our games will be played within a cohort system.
- For more details on Interlock, please CLICK HERE.
Details on Cohorts:
- The 50-person cohort rules applies to players AND coaches within the group.
- Players and coaches must remain part of the same cohort for the entire season and may not be part of multiple cohorts. This means that if a coach wants to coach multiple teams (as many due) they may only pick one to be their cohort where they can break the physical distancing rule (without a mask).
- If a Division has more than 50 players and coaches, they will need to be divided in groups of no more than 50 and only play against teams/players from their own group.
- Physical distancing within a cohort will not need to be maintained during game play (essentially, they will be able to play games as they normally would).
- Physical distancing will need to be maintained when note playing (i.e in dugouts/on benches).
- Separation from spectators and good hygiene practices will be in effect.
Details on League Play and Team Formation?
- This Division will follow the official 2020 Little League Baseball Rules and Regulations.
- There may be some modified rules (such as no leading off and no balks) however nothing has been finalized or made official as of yet.
- There will not be an evaluation process for this summer season.
- Due to the time restraint, teams will be formed utilizing league knowledge (Coach, Director and VP from the previous year) and last years evaluation numbers.
- **Team sizes and number of teams in each cohort are subject to change based on registration numbers, City, Provincial and AHS Guidelines.**
- We are very fortunate to be offering this Summer Baseball Program. We sincerely appreciate your understanding and support with the program we will have.
What is the cost of Teenage?
- The cost is $325.
How often do they play?
- 2-3 games scheduled per week plus 1 practice per week.
What times do they play?
- Games generally start at 6:30 pm with a modified rule for this year of a 2 hour time limit.
How long is the Season?
- Season will hopefully start by July 13th and run through to the end of August with playoffs.
- **All dates mentioned above are subject to change.**
What are the diamond locations?
- Teenage Division is Interlocked with District 8, therefore diamond locations will vary.
What equipment is included in the registration fees? What equipment do the parents/guardians need to provide?
- Fish Creek Little League will supply each team a set of jerseys, and a few Team Bats for the season.
- Each player MUST have their own batting helmet (for hygiene purposes).
- Each player will be expected to have white baseball pants, their own ball glove and athletic cup/jill.
What if I can’t afford the registration fees?
- Under the Little League charter, no child may be excluded from play based on inability to pay.
- Subsidies are available through an application on Kidsport: www.kidsport.ca
- For those families registering through Kidsport, to complete the registration process, please contact our Registrar at: email@example.com.
What is the refund policy?
- Withdraw prior to June 23rd, 2020:
- Registration fees less a $25 administration fee will be refunded
- Withdraw after June 23rd, 2020:
- No Refunds
I want to coach or volunteer, how do I go about doing this?
- Please indicate on your child’s registration that you would like to coach or volunteer.
- To apply to coach or volunteer please complete the steps required in our Coach Registration which can be found at: http://www.fcll.ca/2020-coach-registration/
- You can also email your interest to the Safety Officer at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Should you not be able to locate an answer to your questions please do not hesitate to contact our Registrar at: email@example.com.
NOTE: This information is specific to our league and may change at any time.
Fish Creek Little League
PO Box 11054, Seton RPO
Calgary, AB T3M 1Y6
T: (403) 278-0030