2020 High Performance Fall Ball – Majors
Fish Creek Little League is happy to be able to offer a “High Performance” Fall Ball Program this year.
We will be ONLY offering this program at the Majors Level. Our intent is to have a AAA and AA level team.
More details on this program are as follows/noted below:
Majority of the games will be played at Rose Diamond in Stanley Park. Some games could be played at Bow River or other diamonds within District 8.
Games will be played on weekend and practices will be booked during the week at the discretion of the Managers for each team. Managers are as follows:
- Major AAA Manager is Doug Mackwood
- Major AA Manager is Mike Furuya
Age groups will be reflective of the current 2020 Little League Baseball Age. Current year age 12 players are eligible.
This also includes kids who are eligible for FCLL but didn’t play Summer House League because they were restricted to one baseball cohort or they withdrew for safety/travel issues.
This will be a 4 Team Cohort made up of teams from Fish Creek Little League, Rocky Mountain Little League, Cal West Little League an Cal South Little League.
Players are selected on a try-out basis and the season is expected to run from August 30th to October 5th (dates are subject to change).
High Performance Fall Ball is a competitive program and is structured differently than House League regular season. Unlike House League where the focus is on giving every child an opportunity to play every position, Managers will set the batting line-up and place players in field positions they feel will give them the competitive advantage. The minimum requirement for playing time is different than House League.
The registration Fee for High Performance Fall Ball is expected to be between $195/player. This fee includes: a FC Shirt with number, potentially a hat, diamond fees associated with Stanley Park, umpires and covers other fees that may be incurred to run the program.
Payment is due ONLY upon confirmation/acceptance of your child earning a spot on the team.
Information on tryouts for such are as follows:
- Friday, August 21st – 6:00pm to 8:00pm
- Sunday, August 23rd – 5:30pm to 8:00pm
- Will be taking place at the Bow River 1 & 2 Diamond
- WHAT TO BRING
- Please have your player wear their current Summer House League uniform and wear a protective cup. They will need a glove, helmet and a bat.
All players wanting to be considered for a team MUST be registered AND attend at least one of the tryouts (again registration will open tomorrow, August 16th at 5pm – please check your email for the link for this then).
Selection Process & Criteria
- Eligibility, availability, ability, skills, desire, specific team needs as well as players’ behavior throughout the entire baseball season and it’s consistency with the Players Code of Conduct including a positive attitude, sportsmanship, teamwork and regular participation.
- The players are expected to make a commitment to try and attend all practices and games. If a player is notified about being selected to a team, the parents should let the Manager (aka Head Coach) know if other conflicts will prevent the player from participating. Player availability may affect team selection.
**Registration is now open! To register please CLICK HERE.**
Should you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact the Fall Ball Coordinator at: firstname.lastname@example.org.