What Baseball Ages play Majors?
- Ages 10-12
- The league age determination date is the age a player has attained as of a specific date (August 31st of the current year), for the purpose of placing the player in a particular Division. As of 2019 the date in Divisions of Little League Baseball is as follows:
What is Majors all about?
- This is considered a competitive division. This division follows the rules and regulations of Little League. Players are required to attend tryouts and can be drafted to a team. Once drafted, the player will remain with that team for the duration of their eligibility.
What is the cost of Majors?
- The cost is $350.
When does the season start?
- Typically the season starts at the end of April and runs through to the end of June.
- Depending on field conditions, practices could start as early as early April for some divisions, and some older divisions may have indoor practices starting in early to mid-April.
How often do they play?
- Majors will see 2-3 games scheduled per week plus 1-2 practices scheduled by the managers or coaches.
What times do they play?
- Majors games generally start at 6:30 pm and will have no new innings starts after 8:00 pm (8:15 pm after May long weekend).
What are the diamond locations?
- All Diamonds are located within FCLL Boundaries/Communities.
- Games will vary between all designated Majors Diamonds.
What equipment is included in the registration fees? What equipment do the parents/guardians need to provide?
- Fish Creek Little League will supply baseball pants for each player to keep at the end of the season, this is included in the registration fee.
- Fish Creek Little League will supply each team a set of jerseys, batting helmets and bats for the season. It is strongly encouraged that each player should have their own batting helmet (for hygiene purposes).
- Each player will be expected to have their own ball glove and athletic cup/jill.
What if I can’t afford the registration fees?
- Under the Little League charter, no child may be excluded from play based on inability to pay.
- Subsidies are available through an application on Kidsport: www.kidsport.ca
- For further assistance with this, please contact the Fish Creek Little League Treasurer at: email@example.com
What is the refund policy?
- Any player that withdraws prior to March 31, 2019 will be refunded their registration fees less a $25 administration fee.
- No refund will be given after March 31, 2019, with the exception of producing a doctor’s note explaining injury or healthy concerns. In the event of withdrawal with a doctor’s note, the registrant will be refunded their registration fees less a $25 administration fee.
- After the first regular scheduled game, no refund will be given regardless of injury or doctor’s note.
How many players on a team?
- For Majors the ideal team consists of 11-12 players per team, however there may be up to 14 players on a team.
I registered in February and I haven’t heard anything yet – what’s happening?
- Once the registration information is collected and entered in the database, reports for each division are prepared for the various division coordinators.
- The number of teams is then determined and managers and/or coaches are assigned to each team, then players are assigned or drafted to the teams.
- There is a coaches meeting (to review rules, events, etc.) with the division coordinator.
- The managers and coaches for each team receive the team roster and are then in a position to start contacting parents.
- Often, the managers and coaches will organize a parent meeting before the season starts. Practices can then commence.
- If you have any questions about this process, please contact the applicable division coordinator.
What, where and when are evaluations?
- Evaluation sessions provide the opportunity for division coordinators and managers and coaches to assess the ability of players. This process assists the league in placing players appropriate to their skill level. There are a number of stations (pitching, fielding, hitting) through which the players rotate; they are observed and assessed according to specific criteria.
- Players registered for the Major Division are required to attend at least one evaluation session to be eligible for the Major Draft. There will be no exceptions for this rule (unless you played on a Major team the previous season/year).
- Evaluations are only for players registered for Minors and up.
- Evaluations are scheduled for Saturday, March 9th & 16th. More details can be located on our website with regards to location and time.
- Players are required to evaluate during the appropriate time slot for their age group for one of the dates. If you are unable to attend either of the dates, please contact the Player Agent at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
I want to coach or volunteer, how do I go about doing this?
- Please indicate on your child’s registration that you would like to coach or volunteer. You can also email your interest to the Safety Officer at: email@example.com.
Should you not be able to locate an answer to your questions please do not hesitate to contact our Registrar at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE: This information is specific to our league and may change at any time.
Fish Creek Little League
PO Box 11054, Seton RPO
Calgary, AB T3M 1Y6
T: (403) 278-0030