SUMMER 2020 T-BALL INFO
What Baseball Ages play T-Ball?
- Ages 4-6
- The league age determination date is the age a player has attained as of a specific date (August 31st of the current year), for the purpose of placing the player in a particular Division. As of 2020 the date in Divisions of Little League Baseball is as follows:
What is Summer 2020 T-Ball all about?
- Based on AHS Guidelines Fish Creek will be able to off a T-Ball House League program where we can play games. We will have to follow the recommended guidelines and our T-Ball Division will be split into Cohorts.
Details on Cohorts:
- The 50-person cohort rules applies to players AND coaches within the group.
- Players and coaches must remain part of the same cohort for the entire season and may not be part of multiple cohorts. This means that if a coach wants to coach multiple teams (as many due) they may only pick one to be their cohort where they can break the physical distancing rule (without a mask).
- If a Division has more than 50 players and coaches, they will need to be divided in groups of no more than 50 and only play against teams/players from their own group.
- Physical distancing within a cohort will not need to be maintained during game play (essentially, they will be able to play games as they normally would).
- Physical distancing will need to be maintained when note playing (i.e. in dugouts/on benches).
- Separation from spectators and good hygiene practices will be in effect. No food permitted at the diamonds, this includes sunflower seeds.
Details on League Play and Team Formation?
- T-Ball is considered a developmental division. All Cohorts will follow FCLL's Modified rules currently outlined in our Spring House League Program (for more details please CLICK HERE).
- Because of the Cohort rules, FCLL will be capping its T-Ball Registrations.
- We would have teams of 9 players and 2-3 coaches each.
- Teams will play games on alternate weeknights, Monday through Thursday.
- Each Cohort would have their own designated field.
- Teams and Cohorts will be formed randomly with allowances given for Friend Requests.
- **Team sizes and number of teams in each cohort are subject to change based on registration numbers, City, Provincial and AHS Guidelines.**
- We are very fortunate to be offering this Summer Baseball Program. We sincerely appreciate your understanding and support with the program we will have.
What is the cost of T-Ball?
- The cost is $140.
How often do they play?
- T-Ball will see 2 games scheduled per week (weeknight only). Games that are interrupted or postponed due to weather may be rescheduled to an available weeknight or weekend.
What times do they play?
- T-Ball games generally start at 6:00 pm and will have no new innings starts after 7:30 pm.
How long is the Season?
- Equipment and Jerseys to be distributed sometime between July 2nd and 5th. (could be earlier) or other accommodations may be made.
- First games to be played July 6th.
- Each team would be scheduled 2 games per week between July 6th and August 21st, with the week of August 24th available to make up for rainouts.
- No games scheduled between August 6th and 10th.
- **All dates mentioned above are subject to change.**
What are the diamond locations?
- All Diamonds are located within FCLL Boundaries/Communities.
- A T-Ball or Coach Pitch Diamond will be assigned to each Cohort.
What equipment is included in the registration fees? What equipment do the parents/guardians need to provide?
- Registration Fees cover the cost of the field permits and Fish Creek Little League will supply each team a set of jerseys and balls. A few Team Bats will also be provided by the League, however it is preferable if each player has their own bat.
- Each player MUST have their own batting helmet (for hygiene purposes).
- Each player will be expected to have white baseball pants or sweats (no shorts), their own ball glove and athletic cup/jill.
What if I can’t afford the registration fees?
- Under the Little League charter, no child may be excluded from play based on inability to pay.
- Subsidies are available through an application on Kidsport: kidsport.ca
- For those families registering through Kidsport, to complete the registration process, please contact our Registrar at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is the refund policy?
- Withdraw prior to June 30th, 2020:
- Registration Fees less a $25 administration fee will be refunded
- Withdraw after June 30th, 2020:
- No Refunds
I want to coach or volunteer, how do I go about doing this?
- Please indicate on your child’s registration that you would like to coach or volunteer.
- To apply to coach or volunteer please complete the steps required in our Coach Registration which can be found at: http://www.fcll.ca/2020-coach-registration/
- You can also email your interest to the Safety Officer at: email@example.com.
Should you not be able to locate an answer to your questions please do not hesitate to contact our Registrar at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE: This information is specific to our league and may change at any time.
Fish Creek Little League
PO Box 11054, Seton RPO
Calgary, AB T3M 1Y6
T: (403) 278-0030