SUMMER 2020 MAJORS INFO
What Baseball Ages play Majors?
- Ages 10-12
- The league age determination date is the age a player has attained as of a specific date (August 31st of the current year), for the purpose of placing the player in a particular Division. As of 2020 the date in Divisions of Little League Baseball is as follows:
What is Summer 2020 Majors all about?
- Based on AHS Guidelines Fish Creek will be able to off a Majors House League program where we can play games. We will have to follow the recommended guidelines and our Majors Division will be split into Cohorts.
Details on Cohorts:
- The 50-person cohort rules applies to players AND coaches within the group.
- Players and coaches must remain part of the same cohort for the entire season and may not be part of multiple cohorts. This means that if a coach wants to coach multiple teams (as many due) they may only pick one to be their cohort where they can break the physical distancing rule (without a mask).
- If a Division has more than 50 players and coaches, they will need to be divided in groups of no more than 50 and only play against teams/players from their own group.
- Physical distancing within a cohort will not need to be maintained during game play (essentially, they will be able to play games as they normally would).
- Physical distancing will need to be maintained when note playing (i.e in dugouts/on benches).
- Separation from spectators and good hygiene practices will be in effect.
Details on League Play and Team Formation?
- Majors will still be considered a competitive Division.
- This Division follows the rules and regulations of Little League.
- Because of the Cohort rules, FCLL will be capping it's Major Registrations.
- This will allow for 3 to 4 Cohorts in the Majors Division.
- We would then have teams of 9-12 players and 3 coaches each (4 teams in each cohort).
- Teams will play games on alternate weeknights, there would then always be 18 kids available to play if a team were short players one night.
- Each Cohort would have their own designated field.
- Teams and Cohorts will be formed and balanced based on a combination of Skill (determined by previous years evaluation scores and previous Coach input), Years of Playing Experience, Summer Baseball Experience, Previous Majors Experience and Input from the Player Agent, Majors Director, VP of Majors and President.
- **FCLL may still be able to use an Evaluation process to balance teams - target date for that potential opportunity is June 26 & 27.**
- At the time of registration, Teammate/Friend Requests for team placement will NOT be accommodated. "Sibling" requests for team placement will be considered at all levels for players eligible to play within the same Division.
- As we go through the Team Building process we will do our best to ensure each player is in the appropriate Cohort to provide a safe and fun environment first and foremost.
- **Team sizes and number of teams in each cohort are subject to change based on registration numbers, City, Provincial and AHS Guidelines.**
- With such a large range of ages and potential skill levels in this Division, FCLL will do it's best to have a player in the appropriate Cohort based on the above criteria to provide them the best possible Summer Baseball experience.
- We are very fortunate to be offering this Summer Baseball Program. We sincerely appreciate your understanding and support with the program we will have.
What is the cost of Majors?
- The cost is $300.
How often do they play?
- Majors will see 2 games scheduled per week (weeknight only) plus 1-2 practices scheduled by the Managers or Coaches on weekends or available weeknights. Games that are interrupted or postponed due to weather may be rescheduled to an available weeknight or weekend.
What times do they play?
- Majors games generally start at 6:30 pm and will have no new innings starts after 8:30 pm.
How long is the Season?
- Target is for teams to be formed by June 30th.
- Equipment and Jerseys to be distributed sometime between July 2nd and 5th.
- Teams will be able to meet and practice potentially between June 26th and July 5th.
- Games would begin July 6th (this could be pushed out to July 13th).
- Each team would be scheduled 10-12 Regular Season Games (between July 6th and August 14th).
- No games scheduled between August 6th and 10th.
- Playoffs scheduled from August 17th to August 28th (approx. 4 games).
- **All dates mentioned above are subject to change.**
What are the diamond locations?
- All Diamonds are located within FCLL Boundaries/Communities.
- Games will vary between all designated Majors Diamonds.
What equipment is included in the registration fees? What equipment do the parents/guardians need to provide?
- Fish Creek Little League will supply each team a set of jerseys, and a few Team Bats for the season.
- Each player MUST have their own batting helmet (for hygiene purposes).
- Each player will be expected to have white baseball pants, their own ball glove and athletic cup/jill.
What if I can’t afford the registration fees?
- Under the Little League charter, no child may be excluded from play based on inability to pay.
- Subsidies are available through an application on Kidsport: www.kidsport.ca
- For those families registering through Kidsport, to complete the registration process, please contact our Registrar at: email@example.com.
What is the refund policy?
- Withdraw prior to June 23rd, 2020:
- Registration fees less a $25 administration fee will be refunded
- Withdraw after June 23rd, 2020:
- No Refunds
I want to coach or volunteer, how do I go about doing this?
- Please indicate on your child’s registration that you would like to coach or volunteer.
- To apply to coach or volunteer please complete the steps required in our Coach Registration which can be found at: http://www.fcll.ca/2020-coach-registration/
- You can also email your interest to the Safety Officer at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Should you not be able to locate an answer to your questions please do not hesitate to contact our Registrar at: email@example.com.
NOTE: This information is specific to our league and may change at any time.
Fish Creek Little League
PO Box 11054, Seton RPO
Calgary, AB T3M 1Y6
T: (403) 278-0030