SUMMER 2020 COACH PITCH INFO
What Baseball Ages play Coach Pitch?
- Ages 6-8
- The league age determination date is the age a player has attained as of a specific date (August 31st of the current year), for the purpose of placing the player in a particular Division. As of 2020 the date in Divisions of Little League Baseball is as follows:
What is Summer 2020 Coach Pitch all about?
- Based on AHS Guidelines Fish Creek will be able to off a Coach Pitch House League program where we can play games. We will have to follow the recommended guidelines and our Coach Pitch Division will be split into Cohorts.
Details on Cohorts:
- The 50-person cohort rules applies to players AND coaches within the group.
- Players and coaches must remain part of the same cohort for the entire season and may not be part of multiple cohorts. This means that if a coach wants to coach multiple teams (as many due) they may only pick one to be their cohort where they can break the physical distancing rule (without a mask).
- If a Division has more than 50 players and coaches, they will need to be divided in groups of no more than 50 and only play against teams/players from their own group.
- Physical distancing within a cohort will not need to be maintained during game play (essentially, they will be able to play games as they normally would).
- Physical distancing will need to be maintained when note playing (i.e. in dugouts/on benches).
- Separation from spectators and good hygiene practices will be in effect. No food permitted at the diamonds, this includes sunflower seeds.
Details on League Play and Team Formation?
- Coach Pitch is considered a developmental division. All Cohorts will follow FCLL's Modified rules currently outlined in our Spring House League Program (for more details please CLICK HERE).
- Because of the Cohort rules, FCLL will be capping its Coach Pitch Registrations.
- We would have teams of 9 players and 2-3 coaches each.
- Teams will play games on alternate weeknights, Monday through Thursday.
- Each Cohort would have their own designated field.
- Teams and Cohorts will be formed randomly with allowances given for Friend Requests.
- **Team sizes and number of teams in each cohort are subject to change based on registration numbers, City, Provincial and AHS Guidelines.**
- We are very fortunate to be offering this Summer Baseball Program. We sincerely appreciate your understanding and support with the program we will have.
What is the cost of Coach Pitch?
- The cost is $195.
How often do they play?
- Coach Pitch will see 2 games scheduled per week (weeknight only). Games that are interrupted or postponed due to weather may be rescheduled to an available weeknight or weekend.
What times do they play?
- Coach Pitch games generally start at 6:00 pm and will have no new innings starts after 7:30 pm.
How long is the Season?
- Equipment and Jerseys to be distributed sometime between July 2nd and 5th. (could be earlier) or other accommodations may be made.
- First games to be played July 6th.
- Each team would be scheduled 2 games per week between July 6th and August 21st, with the week of August 24th available to make up for rainouts.
- No games scheduled between August 6th and 10th.
- **All dates mentioned above are subject to change.**
What are the diamond locations?
- All Diamonds are located within FCLL Boundaries/Communities.
- A Coach Pitch or T-Ball Diamond will be assigned to each Cohort.
What equipment is included in the registration fees? What equipment do the parents/guardians need to provide?
- Registration Fees cover the cost of the field permits and Fish Creek Little League will supply each team a set of jerseys and balls. A few Team Bats will also be provided by the League, however it is preferable if each player has their own bat.
- Each player MUST have their own batting helmet (for hygiene purposes).
- Each player will be expected to have white baseball pants or sweats (no shorts), their own ball glove and athletic cup/jill.
What if I can’t afford the registration fees?
- Under the Little League charter, no child may be excluded from play based on inability to pay.
- Subsidies are available through an application on Kidsport: kidsport.ca
- For those families registering through Kidsport, to complete the registration process, please contact our Registrar at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is the refund policy?
- Withdraw prior to June 30th, 2020:
- Registration Fees less a $25 administration fee will be refunded
- Withdraw after June 30th, 2020:
- No Refunds
I want to coach or volunteer, how do I go about doing this?
- Please indicate on your child’s registration that you would like to coach or volunteer.
- To apply to coach or volunteer please complete the steps required in our Coach Registration which can be found at: http://www.fcll.ca/2020-coach-registration/
- You can also email your interest to the Safety Officer at: email@example.com.
Should you not be able to locate an answer to your questions please do not hesitate to contact our Registrar at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE: This information is specific to our league and may change at any time.
Fish Creek Little League
PO Box 11054, Seton RPO
Calgary, AB T3M 1Y6
T: (403) 278-0030