ALL-STARS PROGRAM INFO
What is All-Stars Ball?
- The All-Stars Ball is a competitive program for the Minors (ages 8-10) and Majors (ages 10-12) age groups.
- FCLL intends to have a Majors and Minors teams for the 2022 Season.
- Ideally FCLL will have 3 teams in each division. That is dependent on the number of players and coaches that register,
- Players are encouraged to attend tryouts and must be registered to be eligible
- Players will be selected to each team by Manager for that team.
- Managers will be selected by members of the FCLL Board
- All Stars Ball is a competitive program and is structured differently than House League regular season.
- Unlike the House League/Regular Season where the focus is on giving every child an opportunity to play every position, Managers will set the batting line-up and place players in field positions they feel will give them the competitive advantage.
- The minimum requirement for playing time is different than the regular season. However, a positive playing experience for players on the team in the number one priority.
How do I determine my child's Baseball Age?
- The league age determination date is the age a player has attained as of a specific date (August 31st of the current year), for the purpose of placing the player in a particular Division. Refer to the chart below:
What is the cost of the All-Stars Program?
- The cost is TBD.
How long is the Season and how often do they play?
- The 2022 All-Star Season will run from the end of June to the middle of August.
- A typical week will have the players at the diamond for 2/3 practices during the week. The weekends are for tournament play, this means travel over Alberta and two days of double headers.
What times do they play?
- Time may vary based on location.
- Weeknight games and practices generally start around 6:00pm
- Weekend Games could begin anytime between 9:30am - 6:00pm
- Game times are subject to change.
What are the diamond locations?
- Practices will be held at one of our FCLL diamonds.
- Games may be located anywhere within the City of Calgary or area – or further for travel tournaments and championships.
What is included in the registration fees?
- Registration Fees cover the cost of the field permits and umpires, a Jersey to keep, Hat, Pants, practice t shirt and shorts, LL registration fees, Tournament entry fees, Equipment (Game Balls etc.) and Team Building activities
What are some of the known and potential impacts of Covid-19?
- FCLL programs follow the Alberta Health Services guidelines.
- Little League Canada requires all Coaches of Allstar to be vaccinated.
I want to coach or volunteer, how do I go about doing this?
- All-Stars Coach Registration will open at a later date.
- Manager application deadline is May 31st.
NOTE: This information is specific to our league and may change at any time.
Fish Creek Little League
PO Box 11054, Seton RPO
Calgary, AB T3M 1Y6
T: (403) 278-0030