ALL-STARS/SUMMER HIGH PERFORMANCE PROGRAM INFO
What is All-Stars/High Performance Ball?
- The All-Stars/High Performance ball is a competitive program for the Minors (ages 8-10) and Majors (ages 10-12) age groups.
- FCLL intended to have a Majors AAA, Majors AA and Minors team in the 2021 Season.
- Players are encouraged to attend tryouts and must be registered to be eligible
- Tryouts will be held Friday June 25, 2021 (more details to follow).
- Players will be selected to each team by Manager for that team.
- Managers will be selected by members of the FCLL Board
- All Stars/High Performance Summer Ball is a competitive program and is structured differently than House League regular season.
- Unlike the House League/Regular Season where the focus is on giving every child an opportunity to play every position, Managers will set the batting line-up and place players in field positions they feel will give them the competitive advantage.
- The minimum requirement for playing time is different than the regular season. However, a positive playing experience for players on the team in the number one priority.
- Anyone who is unsuccessful in making a team, may choose to register for the Summer House League Season in the respective division.
How do I determine my child's Baseball Age?
- The league age determination date is the age a player has attained as of a specific date (August 31st of the current year), for the purpose of placing the player in a particular Division. Refer to the chart below:
What is the cost of the All-Stars Program?
- The cost is $400
How long is the Season and how often do they play?
- The 2021 All-Star Season will run from the beginning of July to the end of August.
- July will be used for practices, intrasquad games. exhibition games, potential for guest Instructors to be brought in, Team Building activities etc.
- August will be 1-2 practices during the week and Game play on weekends (likely potential for out of town travel at least once), with a Divisional Championships held August 25-29 as follows:
- Hosted by District 1 – Lethbridge, AB
- A – Host to be determined
- AA – Host to be determined
- AAA - Hosted by District 8 – Calgary, AB
- **All dates mentioned above are subject to change.**
What times do they play?
- Time may vary based on location.
- Weeknight games and practices generally start around 6:00pm
- Weekend Games could begin anytime between 9:30am - 6:00pm
- Game times are subject to change.
What are the diamond locations?
- Practices will be held at one of our FCLL diamonds.
- Games may be located anywhere within the City of Calgary or area – or further for travel tournaments and championships.
What is included in the registration fees?
- Registration Fees cover the cost of the field permits and umpires, a Jersey to keep, Hat, Pants, practice t shirt and shorts, LL registration fees, Tournament entry fees, Equipment (Game Balls etc.) and Team Building activities
What are some of the known and potential impacts of Covid-19?
- All FCLL programs will adhere to the League’s Safety Plan and Communicable Disease Transmission Prevention Guidelines, which may be updated periodically to reflect the most current municipal, provincial and/or federal guidelines.
- Any new requirements will be communicated through the seasons if changes are issued by AHS.
I want to coach or volunteer, how do I go about doing this?
- To apply to coach or volunteer please complete the steps required in our Coach Registration which can be found at: https://www.fcll.ca/2021-summer-coach-registration/
- Manager application deadline is June 15th.
Should you not be able to locate an answer to your questions please do not hesitate to contact our Registrar at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE: This information is specific to our league and may change at any time.
Fish Creek Little League
PO Box 11054, Seton RPO
Calgary, AB T3M 1Y6
T: (403) 278-0030