What Division(s) is a 13 Year Old eligible to play in?
- 13 year olds are eligible to play in the Intermediate, Junior or Senior Divisions.
What Division(s) is a 14 Year Old eligible to play in?
- 14 year olds are eligible to play in the Junior or Senior Divisions.
What Division is 15 to 16 Year Olds eligible to play in?
- 15 and 16 year olds are eligible to play in the Senior Division.
***The final age delineation between the teenage divisions will be assessed by both District 8 and Fish Creek once the final registration numbers are in. This will be based on evaluations as well and registration numbers in each age group.***
- The league age determination date is the age a player has attained as of a specific date (August 31st of the current year), for the purpose of placing the player in a particular Division. As of 2019 the date in Divisions of Little League Baseball is as follows:
What is Intermediate, Juniors and Seniors all about?
- Players are again evaluated for the purpose of drafting them onto their teams by their coaches, based on their ability and development. Leading-off is introduced and diamond sizes and rules are in line within the guidelines of the rules of baseball.
What is the cost of Intermediate, Juniors and Seniors?
- The cost is $370.
When does the season start?
- Typically the season starts at the end of April and runs through to the end of June.
- Depending on field conditions, practices could start as early as early April for some divisions, and some older divisions may have indoor practices starting in early to mid-April.
How often do they play?
- Intermediate will see 2-3 games scheduled per week plus 1-2 practices scheduled by the managers or coaches.
What times do they play?
- Games generally start at 6:30pm.
- Games do not have time limits, but do have limits based on darkness, etc.
- Most coaches ask that players are at the field at least 30 minutes before game time to properly warm up.
What are the diamond locations?
- Games for the 3 different divisions are played on an inter-locking schedule with other leagues within our District on various diamonds.
What equipment is included in the registration fees? What equipment do the parents/guardians need to provide?
- Fish Creek Little League will supply baseball pants for each player to keep at the end of the season, this is included in the registration fee.
- Fish Creek Little League will supply each team a set of jerseys, batting helmets and bats for the season. It is strongly encouraged that each player should have their own batting helmet (for hygiene purposes).
- Each player will be expected to have their own ball glove and athletic cup/jill.
What if I can’t afford the registration fees?
- Under the Little League charter, no child may be excluded from play based on inability to pay.
- Subsidies are available through an application on Kidsport: www.kidsport.ca
- For further assistance with this, please contact the Fish Creek Little League Treasurer at: email@example.com.
What is the refund policy?
- Any player that withdraws prior to March 31, 2019 will be refunded their registration fees less a $25 administration fee.
- No refund will be given after March 31, 2019, with the exception of producing a doctor’s note explaining injury or healthy concerns. In the event of withdrawal with a doctor’s note, the registrant will be refunded their registration fees less a $25 administration fee.
- After the first regular scheduled game, no refund will be given regardless of injury or doctor’s note.
How many players on a team?
- The ideal teams consists of 11-12 players per team, however there may be up to 14 players on a team.
I registered in February and I haven’t heard anything yet – what’s happening?
- Once the registration information is collected and entered in the database, reports for each division are prepared for the various division coordinators.
- The number of teams is then determined and managers and/or coaches are assigned to each team, then players are assigned or drafted to the teams.
- There is a coaches meeting (to review rules, events, etc) with the division coordinator.
- The managers and coaches for each team receive the team roster and are then in a position to start contacting parents.
- Often, the managers and coaches will organize a parent meeting before the season starts. Practices can then commence.
- If you have any questions about this process, please contact the applicable division coordinator.
What, where and when are evaluations?
- Evaluation sessions provide the opportunity for division coordinators and managers and coaches to assess the ability of players. This process assists the league in placing players appropriate to their skill level. There are a number of stations (pitching, fielding, hitting) through which the players rotate; they are observed and assessed according to specific criteria.
- Evaluations are only for players registered for Minors and up.
- Evaluations will be held in the Spring of 2019. Emails will be sent out when more details are provided.
- Players are required to evaluate during the appropriate time slot for their age group for one of the dates. If you are unable to attend, please contact the Player Agent at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
I want to coach or volunteer, how do I go about doing this?
- Please indicate on your child’s registration that you would like to coach or volunteer. You can also email your interest to the Safety Officer at: email@example.com.
Below is information on baseball programming for teenage divisions (league age 13 to 16) offered by member leagues of Little League Alberta District 8 for the 2018 Season:
WHAT LEAGUES ARE PART OF DISTRICT 8?
Calgary West, Rocky Mountain, Fish Creek and Calgary South Little League are the four leagues that comprise District 8 in South Calgary.
WHAT IS INTERLOCK?
The Intermediate, Junior and Senior divisions play an interlock schedule for the spring season where teams from all four leagues rom District 8 play games against each other and may combine teams where required and approved. Travel to diamonds throughout South Calgary is required to play games and/or practice.
NOTE: This information is specific to our league and may change at any time.
Fish Creek Little League
PO Box 11054, Seton RPO
Calgary, AB T3M 1Y6
T: (403) 278-0030