FCLL offers an All-Stars/Summer Ball Program following completion of House League/Regular Season play for various age groups. Players are selected on a try-out basis and the season normally goes until the first weekend in August.
The All-Stars Season is a wonderful experience and FCLL would like you to know the commitment that is required from the players and parents. All-Stars/Summer Ball is a competitive program and is structured differently than House League regular season. Unlike the regular season where the focus is on giving every child an opportunity to play every position, managers will set the batting line-up and place players in field positions they feel will give them the competitive advantage. The minimum requirement for playing time is different than the regular season.
FCLL All-Stars/Summer Ball consists of Minors AAA, AA and A (ages 8-10), Majors AAA, AA and A (ages 11-12) and potentially Intermediate (ages 13) and Junior/Senior (ages 14-16) teams.
Registration for All-Stars/Summer Ball is now open. Please follow this link to register: https://go.teamsnap.com/forms/201307
** Please note that registration for All-Stars/Summer Ball will close on May 21st, 2019. **
The Registration Fee for All-Stars/Summer Ball is $365/player plus any expenses required for out of town tournaments or any training session, umpire, and uniform expenses that exceed the amount collected via registration fees (this fee includes pants, a jersey, a hat, a warm-up shirt and shorts).
Payment is due ONLY upon confirmation/acceptance of your child earning a spot on the team.
Please note the Baseball Age is in effect for the different groups, for a reminder of such please CLICK HERE.
The 2019 All-Stars/Summer Ball Tryouts will be as follows:
- Wednesday, May 22nd, 2019
- Wednesday, May 29th, 2019
- 6:00pm - 8:30pm
- Minors Tryouts (8-10yr olds)
- Will be taking place at the Cranston Dr. Diamonds.
- Majors Tryouts (11-12yr olds)
- Will be taking place at the Bow River 1 & 2 Diamonds
- Teenage Division Tryouts (13-16yr olds)
- TBD due to interlock schedules
All players wanting to be considered for an All-Stars/Summer Ball team MUST be registered AND attend at least one of the tryouts (the registration link is noted above).
Below is additional information about the All-Stars/Summer Ball program.
Should you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact the All Stars/Summer Ball Coordinator at: email@example.com
All-Stars Teams and Age Specific Teams
- Division All-Stars Teams are selected for the Minors, Majors, Intermediate, Junior and Senior Divisions each season to compete in Little League tournaments after the regular spring season.
- All-Stars/Summer Ball Major AAA teams – Participate in weekend tournaments and attend the Little League Alberta Divisional Championship tournament. There is also an opportunity for the All Stars team to make it to the Little League Canadian Championship and Little League World Series.
- Minors AAA, AA and A & Majors AA and A teams compete in Alberta Little League AA and A weekend tournaments in June and July. All FCLL Minors AAA and AA/A teams have the opportunity to attend a Little League Divisional Championship normally held during the August long weekend to end the All-Star season.
- It is our goal to have AA and A level teams in the Minors and Majors age groups however it is dependent on availability of Coaches and interest from the Players to be able to form teams
Managers and Coaches
- Managers of the All-Star Teams are selected by the FCLL All-Star Selection Committee. Applications by interested Managers are submitted for their review each year. The appointed Managers will each be involved in the selection of the All-Star Teams. The Manager will also select his/her assistant coaches which will be approved by the FCLL All-Star Selection Committee. Any coach wishing to be considered for an All-Star Team must have coached during the regular season at least 60% of the games played in a division.
- Any player may try out for an All-Star Team for which they are eligible to play based on their age and residence eligibility requirements. For All-Star picks, you must play on a league team and be of legal age for your division. For All-Star Teams these ages are, 8 – 10 for Minors, 11 and 12 for Major, 13 for Intermediate, 13 and 14 for Junior.
- All players must have played at least 60% of their House League scheduled games.
- It is mandatory that players play within their designated division and age group for All-Star.
- Minors age (10-year-old) players who played up a division in Majors during the regular season are eligible to play on the Minors All-Star Team but not the Majors All-Star Team.
Selection Process and Criteria
- Selection criteria are: eligibility, availability, ability, skills, desire, specific team needs as well as a players’ behavior throughout the entire baseball season and its consistency with the Players Code of Conduct including a positive attitude, sportsmanship, teamwork and regular participation.
- The players are expected to make a commitment to try and attend all practices and games. If a player is notified about being selected to an All-Star Team, the parents should let the head coach know if vacations and other conflicts will prevent the player from participating. Player availability may affect team selection.
- Teams will be formed June 1 and practices will begin shortly after that but will not conflict with FCLL House League schedules.
- The first All-Stars/Summer Ball weekend event is June 21, 22, 23 and last the weekend is normally August long weekend. Teams that are eligible to play beyond the Provincial level could have their season extend beyond August long weekend
- There are 7 weekends in total during that time and you can expect to be playing a minimum of 5 weekend, plus there are District games during the week and then practices.
- Travel is expected for most teams, specifically, with the Minors & Majors groups to destinations such as but not limited to Lethbridge, Medicine Hat, Montana, and Kelowna.
Fish Creek Little League
PO Box 11054, Seton RPO
Calgary, AB T3M 1Y6
T: (403) 278-0030